Monday, January 09, 2006

The Sequels, Again

This last weekend, my family and I went to the theater to see King Kong. I know it's the third time that it has been made, but I heard good things about it and I never really felt that the other two times were that good. Great story, kind of, but never really filmed well.

I liked the movie. The family liked the movie. Even had one kid cry at the end (we forgot to tell him the monkey dies). But here's an interesting observation:

The previews were as follows:

1- The DaVinci Code (Original from book)
2- Glory Road (Original historical story)
3- X-Men 3 (Sequel)
4- Miami Vice (Adapted from TV)
5- Mission Impossible 3 (Sequel, adapted from TV)

We were already there to see a remake! Has originality left us?? I know the saying " those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it", but what if you remember the past- why must you constantly re-live it through the box office??

No comments: