Monday, September 25, 2006

Welcome to the Real World

I know I have used the phrase "welcome to the real world" in my life at least a number or two times. It just means, that someone has just emerged out of the la-la land they were in and just got dumped, smacked, or otherwise introduced to how the real world works.

The real world is tough, abrupt, unforgiving and uncompromising. When you get in the real world, things come at you fast as they come at you without any intention to help or hurt you. Quite frankly the real world doesn't care.

You can stop and smell the roses, but just know that the real world doesn't stop. The real world demands decisions, demands action, and demands attention. The real world requires people who are willing and able to act and act now.

The real world is not just business. It is not just serious situations. It is not without its good side. The real world is the things in life that are...well real.

I am going to take the next few blog entries and explore what I see as the real world. How it works, how we must work within it, times when it's OK to step out of the real world and times it is not. This is my story. My realization. My time to be re-acquainted to the real world.

No comments: