Sunday, January 03, 2010

It's in the Blood

My Raiders put up a fight but again lost today. They finish with a record of 5-11. It makes the seventh straight year with at least 11 losses, an NFL record.

Although reaching a new level of suckage, I cannot abandon my team. There is something that keeps me aligned to the Silver and Black that I am afraid and yet proud will always be with me.

I have no hometown. I attended ten different schools. I have no lifelong friends. The Shield, the word Raiders, and my belonging to the unofficial Raider Nation is the closest I got.

It not just football; it's my Heritage.

1 comment:

Levi Montgomery said...

I know that "no home town, no life-long friends" feeling. I went to 13 schools in 11 school districts and 9 states. I even still think of myself as a drifter, although it's been over a quarter of a century since I lived outside the county I live in now, and there are a handful of non-relatives I've known for thirty years.

But I have no football team, so you're one up on me there! :)