Monday, April 08, 2013

"It was an experience calculated to undermine one's religious convictions"

Hey y'all!

Sorry again for my awayness, but I have been businessing. Of course my busnessing is writing, or something so related.

I have been hanging out in the desert- the Utah Western Desert to be exact. The crossing of such caused Mark Twain to pen the sentence from which I drew my blog post title.

The stories of which I am writing are set in and around this environment, especially my second book CURSING BLACK'S TRAIL. I love this area and being out in it makes me feel connected. It makes me feel the story I want to tell. It makes me return to those thoughts that drive me to want to write in the first place.

So again I must apologize for my awayness. But I am out there, getting to know my characters and my story better. And getting a good dose of religion to boot.

If you need me, just howl like a coyote and follow my howl back. I'll keep the 'dutch' warm until you get here.


No comments: