Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday!!!!! or #%@*%$# Friday

At last, Friday is here! It's been a challenging week to say the least, but it just has one more day and then it's the weekend. I know that just means the nature of the work just changes- from office to house, but it still seems like a good deal. Fridays, however, are also a barometer. I find that Fridays tell you how you did during the week.

If you were diligent and got your work done, stayed on top of things, and maybe even ran ahead of the curve, Fridays are a blast. Somewhere around mid afternoon, you move into a "cruising" speed. This is usually spent talking abut the weekend, laughing, and just hanging around in case "something" happens. Everybody else is either gearing down work as well-preparing for the weekend or they are frantically busy trying to get everything done that had to get done that week.

If you were a slacker, you will find yourself in this "frantic busy" category. If you hate Fridays because they are the busiest days of the week, chances are you are a procrastinator. (Unless, of course, you are in charge of a bunch of procrastinators and it's their left over stuff that overwhelms you on Fridays). Which group are you in?

I wish everyone a happy Friday and I hope that you find yourself in the cruisin' state of being somewhere around 3ish. As for me, I need to run- I have a busy, busy day ahead of me!

No comments: