Monday, June 11, 2007

New Home, Old Story

Planting trees is one thing, saving trees is another! We are hoping these two tress make the transition, but we saved these trees from their original plantings that are now enveloped by giant Chinese Elms. Two things learned:

1) I can now easily see and appreciate and enjoy my aspens. Both are the same age, but one is 8 feet tall the other is 20 feet. Hopefully they enjoy their new home back in the sun yet protected from the afternoon heat. Lesson: Sometimes a change of scenery is good, no matter what the reasoning was for your original plan. Things change, so must we.

2) Old age caught me and I found myself in the desperate need for my wife and two oldest boys to bail me out. I hurt my arm and was unable to continue digging. I helped as much as I could, but it was the three of them that had to save the old man from himself. Lesson: Getting old sucks!

No comments: