Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I perceive, therefore, it was, is, or something.

The first day of school was yesterday. All the kids began their respective schools and grades. This year they spread out over four schools. One began High School and another began her Jr. High experience, the other three all progressed to the next grade.

The changes come quick nowadays. The clothes, the language, and of course, the size. Both my older boys sport shoes into which I can nearly fit both of my feet! It's hard to believe they actually came from those cute little things at the hospital just years ago. I find it amazing how quickly it all changed.

Even more amazing still is how it all of a sudden became Fall. It's still August, yet with the sights of school kids and talk of football games this Friday, it all feels different. I thought the air at the baseball game last night had a slight chill, the sun hadn't felt so hot during the afternoon, and I'm half expecting to see the leaves changed when I venture out this morning.

Why? Sunday was very much Summer. Just one day before we were talking swimming pools and how hot the summer has been. Can it really turn on one day? Is perception really that important?

I perceive that it is.

No comments: