Thursday, October 27, 2005

Loser No More

So the White Sox have won the World Series. I am actually happy for them. I thought that throughout the year, they were one of the most consistent teams. They finished first in the American League, and despite maybe slowing down a little in late August, early September, they turned it on when they needed to.

The best part of the "Sox" winning this year, however, is that another "cursed" team can no longer hold on to the "cursed" excuse. The Red Sox exercised their demon last year, the White Sox this year, maybe the Cubs' time is coming soon...but probably not.

Personally I would rather that my team win it each year, but that is probably as likely as the Cubs actually winning it all (or winning)...OK so it's still more likely than the Cubs winning it all.

Anyway back to the White Sox. I really liked this team, and especially their manager Ozzie Guillen. I looked and found a quote of his that typifies his philosophy and in general mine as well.

Read it. Learn it. Live it!

"Whether you won or lost the night before, it's a brand new game, ... It' s my job and my coaches' job to remind the players that no matter what happened last night, it doesn't mean anything today... You just have to get up every day and fight. If you carry it over, you're a loser."

No comments: