Thursday, October 13, 2005

Speaking of Disney...

Don't get me wrong, I grew up on Disney. I love their cartoons. I love Disneyland. I'd love to visit Disney World with my kids some day. But there is one issue I have with the Mouse.

I love a constant flow of movies at the Box Office followed by a constant flow of those movies being sold as DVD's- that's all good and fine. My problem is that I am opposed to the cheap movies. What I am talking about is the cheap (as in cheaply done- not cheaply priced) follow-up movies.

Take the movie "Aladdin" for example. Typical Disney movie. Great characters. Great story. Great music. Great Animation. And then the sequels. Characters not the same, story weak, Music...well, sucks, and the animation is Saturday morningish! You can spot these by the "Available only on Disney DVD and Video!".

If they ain't good enough to go to the theater, they ain't good enough for me to treat them like the real ones! The kids or course, want to know the "rest of the story" because of the trailers they load the movies with, but I hold my ground. We have withstood the pressure of the Mouse and we have yet to buy a non theater-released movie.

There are times in a person's life that you have to make a stand! And for me and my house- this is one of them!!

Now if they want to price them a little bit cheaper...

No comments: