Urban Meyer is a winner. The "why" is important, but just to get a glimpse of the "what", let me give you a sanpshot of what is meant by "a winner" in football terms:
Utah Highlights (2003-04)
- 22-2 overall record and 6-1 mark versus BCS teams
- Directed Utah to a perfect 12-0 record in 2004 and became the first school from a non-Bowl Championship Series conference to earn a berth in a BSC Bowl (Fiesta)
- Utah finished as the MWC winner for the second-straight season to become the only back-to-back outright champion in the league's existence
- Squad averaged 44,112 spectators per game, breaking the school record of 41,478 set in 2003
- 2003 marked the school's first outright conference championship since 1957
- Became only coach in program's history to win conference crown in debut season
- 86% conference winning percentage in '03 was the best since 1953
- Road sweep of Brigham Young, Colorado State and Air Force in 2003 was a Utah first
- Utah ended Brigham Young's NCAA record 361-game, 28-year scoring streak to complete the 2003 regular season
Bowling Green Highlights (2001-02)
- Biggest turnaround in the NCAA in 2001
- First winning season at BGSU since 1994
- 17-6 overall record and 5-0 versus BCS teams
Overall record in 4 years as Head Coach 39-8 (.830)!!!
Utah and Bowling Green the year before he arrived 7-15 (.318)!
Anyone who can move into downtrodden programs and turn it around like that, has my interest.
Now let's find out what makes Urban tick...