Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Best Noodler In Stone County Missoura

Last night was one of those moments that re-affirmed my calling in life.

I was on stage performing in front of a crowd, telling my "Billie Harold Jones- the best noodler in Stone County, Missoura" story. I was having fun, the group was laughing, having fun and smiling ear to ear.

Now I know the purpose of a public speaker is not to speak- but to serve the audience. Give them what they need, enrich their lives. This, I believe, I achieved.

But in the process, I got what keeps me going. There, on the stage, with all eyes upon me, I am in my element. I am doing what I feel is my purpose in life, the reason I was put on this earth: to move an audience, to entertain, to be the object of others enjoyment, growth, or inspiration- and at the same time-having a ball!

We all have our thing in life. It's just nice when we realize it while we're doing it.

No comments: