Friday, December 09, 2005

Post Number 100!!

Although, I planned on having a celebration type thing on my 100th post, an unfortunate situation sways me another way.

I usually try to avoid specific news and events. There are many chronicles of those events made- this blog was never meant to be my personal journal. But December 7th, came and went two days ago and for whatever reason it passed almost in obscurity.

There was nothing posted on CNN until late in the evening. I heard nothing on the radio in my driving, and I missed any reference to it on the evening news, which doesn't mean it was not covered, but it had to be short and not at the top of the news. Mention of it in the newspaper was more like a filler story- not anything important to mention.

So I have decided to mention it in my blog because I believe in the saying: "those who do not know the past, are destined to relive it in the future".

So this post is dedicated to the memory of the Attack on Pearl Harbor and to all it represents. It is my desire to keep the memory alive and hope that we never forget its lessons.

"America stood up and changed the course of history for mankind. It was a day when weaker souls would have surrendered. Out of the ashes and oil, out of the waters came a resilience, lessons of determination, an unwavering spirit of the American people," Sen. Daniel K. Inouye, D-Hawaii.
(Inouye was 17 and an eye witness of the attack . He later lost his arm fighting in Italy with the mostly Japanese-American 442nd Regimental Combat Team of the Army).

P.S.- Watch the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora" not "Pearl Harbor".

No comments: