Tuesday, November 08, 2005

"Bee" Fun!

I had a blast yesterday! I was in the booth for the Salt Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau at the conference I am attending. We were promoting the conference next year in Salt Lake City.

Tamme, who I was to meet at the booth, had a problem arise and was delayed in arriving. The two of us had not actually spoken, so I was trying to be polite and stand off to the side so as not to "invade unwelcomed" into the booth and start doing things wrong.

As 8 o'clock approached, I decided to just jump in and start promoting the conference. What a blast!

I started giving out a embroidered bee sticker for people to add to their badges. I also told most that I encountered that I was "personally" inviting them to the conference next year. I met and laughed with people from all over the country as well as Australia, Korea, Japan, Canada, France and the UK. I laughed for the hours that flew by!

Tamme did eventually show up once her emergency was resolved and the two of us got to know each other better and we had a good time as well. That is after once she learned who the guy that was working her booth actually was.

What I found was that a smile usually begats (??begets??) a smile and fun welcomes and generates fun. Our booth had great energy and we had a great response.

I won't invite you to Salt Lake City next year (although you are welcome to come), but I will invite you to be the fun person first. Afterwards, watch all the energy come back to you. I think that there is so many serious people in the world, and sometimes that's the right way to be, but most are looking for the places where they can relax, have fun, and laugh a bit.

Even if it is generated from a guy with an embroidered bee.

No comments: