Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Praise To The Man

It's been over four years and I miss my friend as much now as I did when I finally realized that he was gone.

Andrew T. Lee died on November 23, 2001- the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was the end of a friendship that had grown over a number of years and then stopped suddenly. Upon his departure, I took notice of the growth and impact he had made:

I had met Andrew as a custodian and said good-bye to a Dialysis Technician.

Although always spiritually minded, I met a wayward soul full of problems and personal demons and said good-bye to a spiritual giant and a friend of God.

I miss our talks and our common goals and aspirations but I find myself quoting "Andrewisms" to my children.

I agree with the final words of his obituary: "A man so good, God couldn't wait to take him home".

Andrew, I can't talk to you right now, but I enjoy my memories of you. Until next time my ol' friend.

No comments: