Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Somewhere in the Middle

I know I have been rather nice in my latest entries, so here is a rant...

I am sick of people who do not want to work but want to receive full credit for doing so! What has happened to the work hard mentality? Why is it so rare? Why do I find myself asking, "what does it matter? The harder I work, the more others are willing to let me work harder."

I was asked to clear out some dead weight employees today. They don't always come in, sometimes they call in- sometimes not. They have been reluctant about learning their job responsibilities, and have actually been cocky in announcing to others that they can do what they want to do and no one was watching.

Others do watch. The ones that want to move forward. The ones who want to do good, yet are held down out of fear of being overloaded. It's sad to see, but the look in the eyes of these "good" employees when the others get axed is more relief then sad.

Why do we as a society put up with mediocrity?? Why let the average ones drag us down. We should strive for A's, not settle for C's. We shouldn't feel guilty because of the ones who are C's and cannot reach the A's. Should we let the slow and weak set the pace? Does that help anyone?

Here's my advise today: Get off you butt, roll up your sleeves, and don't stop until you have outdone everyone around you. Get angry if you can't catch the person ahead of you- draw from within the drive to push harder. Push! Push! Push! Don't stop, don't give up! Step on the ones that would tell you you're pushing too hard. Make them catch you!

No comments: