Thursday, September 29, 2005

Zig's Folly

Apparently I have switched from a morning blogger to an evening blogger. If there is one thing to know about me, I am consistently inconsistent...at least most of the time.

The reason I'm so late today is because of tomorrow. We are going on an overnight trip to the mother-in-law's. That means that today, I had to get everything done that I would normally get done tomorrow, i.e. work twice as hard. Here's my point.

Zig Ziglar in one of his books he wrote asks, "Why are we so efficient on the day before a vacation? We seem to get everything done that we have to do, no matter how much that is." And then he asks, "Why not do that everyday?"

Why?!? Why?!!? Because you're not always going on vacation the next day! That's why!!!! I got so much accomplished today it was frightening. I only have a few things that will bite me on Monday--much better then the hundred things that usually bite me on Monday. But in exchange, I get tomorrow to relax and then a night in the desert, where I always sleep good, and time to work on a number of writing projects I've really needed some time for. I won't be at my mother's house, so I can be a social recluse.

So Zig, if every other day was a vacation, I could get everything done I had to do everyday...wait a minute...umm...OK. I get it now.

No comments: