Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yes Sir!: $2...no $3...OK , $3.50, maybe.

"Price may not be valid in case of price increase"

I actually hard this on a radio advertisement. I don't recall exactly what they were advertising, but that thought stuck with me.

Why would I want to do business with someone who cannot even stick to the price they are announcing to the world? Exactly what can happen between the time I hear that ad and the time I act on it? Can you not even honor the price in that short period of time?

And if you can't, don't say the price! You don't see Chevron advertise their gas prices. You don't see Manufacturers advertise prices. Did you see a price on any of the Superbowl spots? They let the individual stores do that. And they do. Sales on many things advertise their sale prices and they stick to it. AND, we don't expect the item to be forever that price. We understand that things change, but there is a reasonable amount of time we all understand and expect a business person to honor their advertised prices.

An exception: car prices. I have never seen an advertised price actually be the real price. But then again I am talking about customer service which, incidentally, has not nothing to do with selling cars.

No comments: